If you’re interested in yoga, you’re not alone. More people are turning to yoga as a way to get into shape, become more flexible, and release some of the stress that they face during the day. If you’re wondering how to get started, there are many classes you can take. Most yoga studios welcome beginners, so you shouldn’t feel uncomfortable. If you’re not sure you want to join, you can observe before you make a choice. You can also talk with the instructor, so you can get any questions answered before starting.
As you progress through the classes you’ll be able to do a lot more, but you shouldn’t try the harder poses right away. To avoid pulling a muscle or hurting yourself, take things slowly and only do what your body is comfortable with. You don’t need to push yourself too much or try to impress anyone else. Simply go at your own pace so you can become fitter and stronger over time. You’ll feel more at ease once you learn the routine.
When you go to your first class, it’s understandable that you’ll be nervous….These are a few things to keep in mind:
- What to wear? Choosing what to wear should not create anxiety. Consider comfort, quality and fashion when selecting your Activewear. Search for a form-fitting top so it doesn’t come down over your head and interfere during inverted poses. Also, wearing tight fitting shorts, capris or long fitted pants will help your instructor check your alignment.
- Drink plenty of water before class and bring some water with you as well.
- Make sure to introduce yourself and tell the instructor this is your first time and whether you have any injury so he or she can give you modifications poses.
- Don’t forget to breathe! It’s common for new students to hold their breath during poses they find challenging. Breathing deeply can help you relax.
- Try to familiarize yourself with some beginner’s yoga poses before you take your first class.
- If you have a friend who can go with you, it might help you to be less nervous.
There’s no right or wrong way, though, when you’re considering how to start yoga. You’ll see the health benefits of it for a long period of time, and it’s something you can do even if you aren’t able to do a lot of strenuous, aerobic exercise.
Another thing to consider when you’re looking at how to start yoga is the cost of learning to do it properly. It’s a good idea to compare the cost of learning on your own to the cost of taking classes. While classes may be more expensive, keep in mind that you may also get much more for your money. You will have an opportunity to talk with an instructor and other students, which is something you wouldn’t get with a yoga video.
Fit Activewear has a line that is designed for yoga, so you can move comfortably and without restraint. It’s not fun when you can’t move around easily, so you’ll want to be comfortable.